Ways of Knowing in Chemistry — 2017-09-30
The Hemoglobin-NO structure (4N8T) is from the RCSB Protein data bank, a structure deposited by Richter-Addo et al in Nitric Oxide 2014, 39: 46-50; DOI: 10.1016/j.niox.2014.04.001). See the direct link to the original data here. Click here for a GIF of a rotating cross-eyed stereo view (11.8 MB).
Click here to download an apk (21.8 MB) for Android 4.0 and higher. The apk was generated by Unity 5.5.1f1, and shows the cartoon of the potential energy surface in the talk, and the two structures (4N8T and 3N5P) from the RCSB. Structure 3N5P is a human nitric oxide synthase active site.
· To install the apk file, you have to enable the installation of non-playstore apps.
· Download to your phone, find the file in file-manager, and run it. It will install the hemoglobin_NO app.
· It requires permission to read the contents of your files, but only to access itself, it doesn’t do anything else.
· To uninstall the app, go into your “settings” app, fnd the “apps” section, select the hemoglobin_NO app and select “uninstall.”
· Sorry, I can’t provide technical support
Click here for a pdf of the talk.